Our Privacy Commitment|
Using Our Web Site
Using our web site, www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket.com, to order product(s) we ask you to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or credit card information, etc.). This information is critical to completing your transaction. If you choose not to provide requested personal information, you will not be able to use the e-commerce portion of our web site and you will not be able to engage in transactions through the web site.
We may also use your personal information to contact and correspond with you and to respond to your inquiries. From time to time we may send to you, with your consent, e-mail or other communications regarding products and our services we believe will interest you.
We do not share, swap, or sell our mailing lists or personal information of our customers to any third parties. We never have.
Protecting Your Information
- Gibbys has taken all precautions to make sure that your personal information is secure and that your online shopping experience using our website www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca is enjoyable.
- Our website www.gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca is hosted on a secure and a firewall protected server that is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our software conforms to the industry standard and is secure for online commerce & transactions.
- We use industry-standard SSL authentication to guarantee the confidentiality and privacy of online transactions through our site.
- We encrypt all of your personal information including, name, address, and credit card number to ensure that it cannot be read as this information reaches us over the Internet. When your order reaches us it is only seen by a qualified Gibbys employee.
- All information collected on this site is for processing of orders and is only accessed by authorized Gibbys employees.
- Your credit card information is captured for only the order you are placing. We do not keep your credit card info on file for future orders. This is just one more way of insuring your privacy when dealing with Gibbys.
At Gibbys Electronic Supermarket, the security of your personal information is a high priority. We maintain appropriate safeguards and current security standards to protect your personal information, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse.
Although we cannot take responsibility for any theft, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction of data by a third party, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Controlling Your Information
You have complete control on your information on our web site and you can access and change your online personal information any time.
You can also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information, or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
Retaining Your Information
We keep your information only as long as we need it for the products and services you're using and for a reasonable time thereafter or to meet any legal requirements, for example, for billing, audit, or warranty purposes. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed, or we remove your personally identifiable information.
Our Policy as described above may change over time to accommodate changes in our service, the technology, and legal developments. We may add, change, or remove portions of this Policy when we feel it is appropriate to do so. Whenever we update this Policy, we will change the date on the Policy to indicate when the changes were made.